We are also gaining converts to the WaveMaker motto: Make Waves, Not Code!
WaveMaker is an open-source framework for making Java web development quick and easy (kinda like a visual RoR for Java).
Peter Svensson just posted review of WaveMaker that stated:
The WaveMaker IDE has a number of very good features, listed in no particular order;Peter has also given us a good deal of constructive feedback on how to make Wavemaker even better. WaveMaker is democratizing Java web development, one Swedish blogger at a time ;-)
- It is Web-based
- It runs on its own Tomcat-server with a massive supporting act (the download is ~90MB!)
- It's fully open-source under the GPL.
- It uses Dojo 1.0 components, so you create your page(s) visually.
- Complex components like Tree or (above mentioned) Grid can be connected to services on the server
- You can create services inside the IDE; WSDL, Database Queries or custom Java code.
- It generates generic WAR archives, for crying out loud!
Our 3.1 release has also been picked up by Ajaxian, eBiz, AjaxWorld and TechFunk.