Business literature is really a contradiction in terms. Most business books are really just 8 page Harvard Business Review essays extended to 150 or so pages so that the author can have the ego gratification of seeing their words in hardcover.
There are, however, some exceptions. Here are my favorite business books:
- Best book on the nuts and bolts vocation of Entrepreneurship. New Venture Creation by Jeffrey Timmons
- Best book on how to run a company. Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Best book on the strategy of innovation. Innovator’s Dilemma Clayton Christensen.
- Best book on the how a startup’s strategy changes over time. Crossing the Chasm
by Geoffrey Moore
- Best book about the subjective startup experience. Startup, Jerry Kaplan
- Best book about creativity. It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want to Be Paul Arden
- Best book about leadership. Certain Trumpets by Garry Wills